14 October 2013

Review: Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in 'Fresh Coral'.





I have wanted a matte blush for so long. Matte is definitely my favourite finish when it comes to beauty products. I mean, sure, I love sparkly and glittery things but there's nothing prettier than a soft, matte face. So, I was just browsing through Maybelline's website when I saw that they were coming out with a new range of blushes. Naturally, I was excited. Okay, not excited. Try hysterical. I waited around for weeks and finally got around to checking them out at a store. What was the insanely exciting part? The blushes looked matte online and when I swatched them at the store, I was correct. They were matte, they were absolute perfection.



The Maybelline Cheeky Glow blushes come in three shades (Peachy Sweetie, Fresh Coral and Creamy Cinnamon) that are extremely suitable for our skin tones. And I was obviously drawn to the Fresh Coral one, because, well, the colour fascinates me. They claim to be ultra light weight and blend-able with a soft texture. And they're quite true to what they claim - they are light on the skin and don't weigh down your cheeks. And they're quite blend-able. If you're using a brush for application, which, actually, is ideal for a blush of this kind; be sure to dust off the excess product because the brush tends to pick up quite a bit of product. The texture is smooth and goes on effortlessly and is not chalky. It gives your cheeks a natural flush and makes you look like you're in love with life. Slight exaggeration? Not really. The packaging is extremely cute; the blush is cute and button-like. You get 7 gm of product for 225 rupees. I think that it's a great deal.


If you're a beginner, I highly suggest you buy this blush because of its finish and colour pay-off. I am in love with 'Fresh Coral'. The pigmentation is so beautiful that I was highly impressed. Also, I clicked these photos in natural lighting, however, it was nearly evening when I did click them. Even then, the blush shows up quite beautifully. And true to the photo, the blush looks pink-ish instead of the designated coral. Not that I am complaining. I love it to the stars and beyond!

Until next time, 
take care.

~AB.