31 December 2013

DECEMBER FAVOURITES.



It's the last post of the year. Funny how time flies by, isn't it? 2013 was quite a wonderful year. I mean, I am not going to complain about the bad things because there were just too many great moments. I had decided to give my camera phone a break on grounds of buying a legitimate camera and everything, but, I decided to let WeLF do his thing one last time before its vacation. And he performed quite well, as per usual. Okay, I'll stop with the weirdness now. I'm kind of sad that this year's over, but, hopefully 2014 has bunnies and unicorns and sparkles and flowers in store for us. Maybe not actual bunnies, unicorns, sparkles and flowers but you get the gist. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? I didn't make any this year because I never seem to keep them. Ever.



Anyway, I will hopefully be starting a series called 'Super Twinkle Donkey Gum!' in my blog, which will be a collection of stories, divided into stages, featuring some oddball characters, based where I live. Kind of like my life, but, way less worse than my life. I sounded like Lumpy Space Princess just then. So, yeah, keep an eye out for those stories. I will hopefully put up a new page, kind of introducing the series and some of the characters. Wow, I have so much work to do and yet, here I am, typing away, basically fried out of my mind and not willing to stop. Let's hope 2014 changes that. 

So, let's get on with the show, shall we? My list of favourites for the month of December, 2013! Whoo!

P.S. Ignore the insane use of bokeh in the photos. I was feeling mighty festive.  




I have so many eyeshadows that I have pretty much stopped counting how many I own. And I am just a beginner. I do regret buying a few colours here and there, but, mostly, I try to get some use out of them. One product I never seem to stop using is L'Oreal Paris Color Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Eternal Black'. I use it to line my eyes when I am feeling fancy, which, this past month, was all the rage with me. I use my Vega Angled Eyeshadow Brush to line my eyes and flick it out to create subtle wing. Be a little careful though, there's a bit of fallout if you're too quick. Read more about the eyeshadow here. As for mascara, this Lakme Eyeconic Curling Mascara was the only mascara I owned till a couple of weeks ago. I had bought it last year, in December, and it served me so well during this time. It doesn't clump, it doesn't flake, it doesn't make your lashes feel heavy - all for 250 rupees. That's pretty awesome for a mascara of its price. I would highly recommend it, yes.



I finally got around to using this perfume sample from Versace. It's their 'Vanitas' perfume, and I sort of regret not using this earlier. If I had used it earlier, I might have had an actual bottle of it by now. The smell is gorgeous. It has notes of lime, freesia, tiare flower, tonka bean and cedarwood. It's a floral yet fresh perfume, if that makes any sense. The lime in it probably constitutes its freshness whilst the other flowers in it gives it a very romantic floral fragrance. I adore how romantic and beautiful this scent is. This is such a lovely perfume for a first date, because, believe me, it will leave a lasting impression. Don't even get me started on its staying power. I will probably buy a real bottle of it in the near future. You can see how much of it I have used up. 


This aloe vera hand cream from Marks and Spencers has saved my hands from becoming dry patches of skin this winter. The fragrance is light yet effective. It has a light consistency but you only need just a little pinch of it. I usually use this before I go to bed. That is, if I ever get the time to sleep. Don't ask, don't ask. Seriously. I had mentioned this guy previously in this post.



Who can survive a cold, wintry month without blush? Certainly not me. I like powder blushes quite a bit. Especially Cheeky Glow by Maybelline. This one is called 'Peachy Sweetie' and I adore it to bits. It has a very subtle silver shimmer running through, but, when applied, the shimmer is barely notice-able. Physically, you cannot notice it at all. Psychologically, your brain will tell you, 'Oh, this has silver shimmer in it' and you just magically see silver shimmer in it when you look for yourself. I did a review on 'Fresh Coral', from the same line, in this post here. As far as cream blushes go, I've only liked one so far. It's The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Dome in 'Crazy for Coral'. What bums me out is that it was a limited-edition product. My mother, quite possibly, loved this even more than I ever did. If you're interested, you can check out the post I wrote about it here.



Again, winter without lip balms or lip butters is like a tiger without its stripes. I cannot tell you the number of lip balms I have used this past month but these three made it to the list because I thought nobody wants to see 31 different balms for 31 different days. The Nivea Lip Butter in 'Raspbery Rose' smells divine and works wonders. And I am a sucker for tin packaging. Read the post about it here. The Body Shop Born Lippy lip butter in 'Passionberry' is like a *avoid swear word* party! I love how gorgeous and exotic it smells. I swear I had written a post on a couple of different variants from the same line but I cannot seem to find it. Maybe I deleted it in one of my late night shenanigans. The last one is from Himalaya and I bought it kind of like a dare. My girlfriend dared me to it seeing its extremely affordable price of 75 rupees only. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I, honestly, had no expectations. But it has superceeded my expectations. It is as good as Maybelline's Baby Lips, if not better. And the smell is gorgeous, which is an added bonus. 



Revlon lip products and I have this unconditional bond of love between us. They have never, ever let me down. This is another addition to my plethora of Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. This one is called '001 Honey'. It's a natural, slightly mauve-ish pink colour. When applied, it becomes one of those 'My lips but better' lip tints. I have used this whenever I felt lazy but knew that I had to look like I made an effort. These guys are fool-proof as well as fatass-who-refuses-to-stop-being-lazy-proof. Read more about them here.



I just realized that another post of mine got deleted in my late night shenanigans. The one about the Maybelline Color Show nail polishes. I seriously need to be more careful with what I do with my posts and all. Anyway, I love this chocolate-brown shade called 'Choco Sin' from their line. Now, L'Oreal nail products and I have never been on the same page. But when I saw this baby, I knew it had to be mine. It's a bottle full of chunks of pure glitter with a gorgeous smattering of gold polka dots. It's a cool-tone broze shade and is called '822 Bronze'. They're a special edition release and were inspired by the glitz and glamour of the Cannes Film Festival. I love to wear these nail polishes alone but just take a look at how good they look together. I might just go and get more of the L'Oreal ones.

These were my December Favourites. Thank you so much for being a part of Mint Sin and I appreciate it greatly. Happy New Year. Hope you have a splendid 2014!^^

With all my love,
until next time,
take care.
~AB.