22 February 2014

Review: Burt's Bees Lipbalms.



This is a quick little train of thought rather than a planned note. My lower lip has been chapped for most of the past winter. I usually smack on some sort of lip balm for temporary relief (hint: Maybelline Baby Lips in Antioxidant Berry, the best of the entire lot - I recently finished it and since it was my most used lip balm ever, I'm going to... *insert quick little prayer here*) and hope that it lasts. Guess what? It hardly ever does. With the wintry wind joining forces with the dry February wind, my lips have been hiding under coats of petroleum jelly. Then, I remembered - I had not one, but two Burt's Bees lip balms. The rest is, well, history.



Burt's Bees is known for describing itself as an "Earth friendly, Natural Personal Care Company". Their products are 100% natural. Who doesn't love that? I know I do. I got both of these lip balms from Sephora. Well, I didn't - I made one of my cousins and even my father venture into Sephora to check things out for me. When they didn't find the things I wanted, they got me one Burt's Bees lip balm each, amongst other things. My cousin sister got me the Rejuvenating variant with Açaí Berry. Açaí Berry is known as a Super fruit . The lip balm also has Vitamins A, C, D, and E, antioxidants and moisturising Omega Oils. The fragrance is a sweet berry kind; I wouldn't know if it smells like Açaí Berry or not, considering how I've never actually consumed the fruit. The second one is a tinted lip balm which my father got for me. It's in the colour 'Hibiscus', which, when applied on the lips, is a gorgeous sheer red hue. I love the idea of having hibiscus in any form, way or shape in my life because the flower itself is so stunning. I've heard that these tinted lip balms adapt to the colour of your skin, using it as a tool to amplify your natural beauty. It's got botanical waxes and shea butter in it, all the more reason for lips to feel beautiful. 


To be completely honest, I am hugely dependent on these two lip balms. They are hydrating and they don't feel heavy on my lips. I personally do not enjoy lip balms that are thick and greasy and yet unable to do their jobs. Their prices sting a little (pun intended) - the Rejuvenating kind is ₹400 while the tinted kind is ₹800 each. I like them because they actually live up to their hype and their insane price tag. I use both on a regular basis; the Açaí one usually before bed and the tinted one if I am feeling fancy (which is always). I believe they both contain 4.25 grams of product each, which is the standard amount you find in a twist-up lip balm. 

All I'm saying is, I don't mean to be a girl who spends ridiculous amount of money on something unimportant, but, you know what? I'm tired. I'm tired of constantly working so hard. I'm tired of thinking and working all the time. It's nice to reward yourself every once in a while, isn't it? It's just that I choose to indulge through lip products. Woe is me. At least the weather doesn't have anything on my lips now. Burt's Bees is the alliteration, you guys. 

Until next time,
bee happy!
~AB.