19 April 2014

Review: Maybelline Pink Alert Lipstick in 'POW4'.


Okay. I realize I am posting after the longest time, but it was all because my brain was being consumed by an ugly subject called Psychology. I finished my last Psychology paper a couple of days ago and now I can focus on my blog. And you know, I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking around so long. I have so many ghost readers that it's kind of cool. You guys have stuck around even after realizing the obvious flaws in my blog - I still do not own a proper camera, I am entirely dependent on natural lighting, I make you read etc etc. So, yes, thank you. Thank you so very much. 


I'd be lying if I said I liked pink lipsticks. On most occasions, the only shade of pink I find flattering on myself is fuchsia. I like pink in every other object in the world but not lipsticks. Oh, no, that's wrong too. I like pink lipsticks on other girls. I just don't like them on myself. So, when Maybelline came out with their Pink Alert line, I was naturally sceptical. But the makeup hoarder in me said that I must at least give it a look. So, I went ahead to check them out and surprisingly, I found out that they were made specially to cater to Indian skin-tones. They are marked with the word 'POW' and a number. There are 4 shades in the collection - there's a blue-tone pink, a bubblegum pink, a coral-ish pink and a hot pink in the collection, named POW1, POW2 and so on. 

The one I fell for was POW4. It is a bright pink with a slight coral undertone. At first glance, I found it a bit too intimidating - don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful shade. I am just afraid of pinks on myself. It was a  different story when I used it, though. I was blown away. It looked nice, to my utter surprise. After I blotted it, I looked even nicer. At the end of it, I regret nothing. It's a gorgeous shade that I feel will look flattering on most skin-tones. It's very Spring-Summer appropriate. In fact, all the shades from this collection are Spring-Summer appropriate.


The lipstick formulation itself is worth the price. The official Maybelline website says it "features vivid color pigments for a sensational effect". I suppose that is why it is so opaque and vibrant. A matte finish can be achieved if you just blot your lips but without the blotting, you have a slightly glossy finish that I find extremely beautiful. It is smooth and hydrating and it doesn't settle into your lips and make everything look unpleasant (unlike some other lipsticks out there, *death stare*). The reason why it is so creamy is because it is apparently enriched with 'honey nectar'. I'm not sure what it exactly is, but, it's definitely worth the 375 INR price point. I love most of the Maybelline products because of their affordability and amazing quality. They are easy on the pocket and easy on the eyes, lips, wherever.

So, I have my last exam paper on Monday, after which I will be a free bird - free to fly off to anywhere I please, free to buy whatever I want. Urgh, this spending freeze has gone on long enough. I really need to go shopping. And I really need to get back to blogging. I've missed writing, even if it is for my ghost readers. You guys are awesome.
Saranghaeyo.