4 June 2014

Review: Bourjois Paris 123 Perfect CC Cream.


Annyeonghaseyo! If you've read my previous blog posts on face products, you're probably aware of my relationship with them. I only like products that have a runny texture and a sheer finish. So, where does a well-loved, highly-raved CC Cream figure in? 

The 'CC' in CC Creams usually denotes Color/Colour Correcting. The texture is often lightweight and absorbent. What it normally does is that it covers imperfections and little spots better than BB Creams, almost giving your skin a second layer of protection and flawlessness. They usually have light diffusing particles in them, which imparts a visually perfect and even skin-tone.

This CC Cream retails for ₹710 for 30 ml of product. It's available at Bourjois counters all over India. It has four shades to choose from - and the one I had to buy was '32 Light Beige'. Frankly, the colour doesn't match my skin tone. It's a lot darker than my natural skin tone, which is a bummer. However, the SPF in it somehow balances everything out. Like I mentioned before, CC Creams usually have light  diffusing properties, so, visually and on camera - your skin tone will look even.  

It apparently has 3 Colour Correcting pigments in it: the Apricot pigment to combat fatigue, the Green pigment to combat redness and the White pigment to combat dark spots. This kind of makes sense to me since they're all neutralizing and contrasting colours - apricot to blue, green to red and white to grey.

The packaging of this certain product is what amuses me, really. The nozzle isn't a stop-nozzle (or whatever it's called) so the flow of the product is continuous and a pain-in-the-neck. However, the size of the nozzle is relatively small, so, I am able to control the flow just in the nick of time. From what I've experienced so far, there has been a lot of wastage and that doesn't sit all too well with me.


The texture of the CC Cream is very runny and light. Don't be fooled, though. It offers pretty decent coverage - eventually scaring me in the process. It will cover up your imperfections in a jiffy and it will brighten up your entire face. I presume people with dry skin will like it a lot more. But for people with combination/oily skin, it's not the best bet. However, I have a love-hate relationship with it. While I like the formula, I don't like the finish. Once you put it on, it's like you're trying to be obvious with what you've put on your face. That is something I am still wary of. Okay, let me put it this way - it may work for other people. In fact, it will work for other people. I'm just a picky little brat, so, I just don't tend to reach for it much. Honestly, I can see why everybody likes it. It's lightweight, it offers good coverage, it's easy to blend, it has SPF 15, it's hydrating and there are four shades to choose from. 
It's such a pleasant situation for everybody, isn't it?

Just not for me. Just not for me.
My rating: ☆☆☆/5